A Laminar flow hood/cabinet is an enclosed workstation that is used to create a contamination-free work environment through filters to capture all the particles entering the cabinet.
- These cabinets are designed to protect the work from the environment and are most useful for the aseptic distribution of specific media and plate pouring.
Filter pad/ Pre-filter
- A filter pad is present on the top of the cabinet through which the air passes into the cabinet.
- The filter pad traps dust particles and some microbes from entering the working environment within the cabinet.Fan/ BlowerA fan is present below the filter pad that sucks in the air and moves it around in the cabinet.The fan also allows the movement of air towards the HEPA filter sp that the remaining microbes become trapped while passing through the filter.
- A fan is present below the filter pad that sucks in the air and moves it around in the cabinet.
- The fan also allows the movement of air towards the HEPA filter sp that the remaining microbes become trapped while passing through the filter.
- The High-efficiency particulate air filter is present within the cabinet that makes the environment more sterile for the operation.
- The pre-filtered air passes through the filter which traps fungi, bacteria and other dust particles.
- The filter ensures a sterile condition inside the cabinet, thus reducing the chances of contamination.
Laminar Flow Hood 24 x 24 HEPA Filtration Unit